Sunday 3 May 2009

NOSTALGIA TRIP

THIS IS THE BLOG OF COLIN JONES, RHYL TOWN COUNCILLOR: BODFOR WARD
l
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and not the views of the town council.
l


The picture above was sent to me by email without details. It shows the kind of bus I travelled on as a kid in the 1950s from my home in Rhuddlan to the bright lights of Rhyl. I used to sit in the front seat of upper deck and ‘drive’ the bus all the way. As it came over the hump of Vale Road Bridge I could smell the salty sea and feel the buzz of a lively town.

Crosville Motor Company was formed in 1906 in Chester and operated across North West England and North Wales. Following deregulation and several rounds of chopping and changing, the name has disappeared. The ghost of Crosville now resides in Arriva’s castle. The bus is a sturdy rear-engined Leyland Titan, a version of which is still produced in South Asia.

--