Saturday 23 May 2009

MANAGER WANTED

THIS IS THE BLOG OF COLIN JONES, RHYL TOWN COUNCILLOR: BODFOR WARD
l
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and not the views of the town council.
l


Something that Rhyl has never had is a town manager. From time to time it has been suggested that we ought to have one.

If we had a town manager, maybe he or she could educate traders about not making the town look untidy, educate consumers about not eating in the streets (unless they want to be pounced upon by seagulls) and perhaps even getting the traffic barriers around the pedestrianised area fixed.

A visitor said to me, ‘What kind of town of this anyway? I was standing in High Street talking to my mate . . . I felt something behind me and when I turned round there was a car up my back.’ Only he didn’t say ‘back’.

--

SAT 4th APR 2015 UPDATE: A town manager came and went. He didn’t do anything memorable.

--